What are different issues in adopting best practices for energy efficiency and conservation tools, Can Technology be Disruptive factor in the energy sector,
The use of alternative power is one of the most key energy conservation techniques because almost all of the https://validcbdoil.com/ transition models require that the existing processes be upgraded or replaced to more energy efficient models too.
Excellent ways for energy conservation David
Thanks for more light in the question. The various ways are:
ON INDIVIDUAL GROUNDS
1. Switch Off Appliances when Not in Use: Electrical appliances like coffee machine, idle printer, desktop computer should be switched off if you don’t need them immediately.
2. Transport: Even if you have a fuel-efficient car, whenever possible it's a good idea to leave it at home and walk, cycle, catch public transport or car pool. Whenever possible, walk, bike, car pool, or use mass transit. Every gallon of gasoline you save avoids 22 pounds of CO2 emissions. If your car gets 25 miles per gallon, for example, and you reduce your annual driving from 12,000 to 10,000 miles, you'll save 1800 pounds of CO2.
2. When you next buy a car, choose one that gets good mileage. If your new car gets 40 miles per gallon instead of 25, and you drive 10,000 miles per year, you'll reduce your annual CO2 emissions by 3,300 pounds.
ON HOME GROUNDS
1. Replace your incandescent light bulbs. These old-fashioned lightbulbs burn off most of their energy as heat instead of producing light. Replace them with compact fluorescent bulbs or LED bulbs, both of which are much more energy efficient.
2. Lower the Room Temperature: Even a slight decrease in room temperature lets say by only a degree or two, can result in big energy savings.
3. Use Energy Efficient Appliances: When planning to buy some electrical appliances, prefer to buy one with Energy Star rating. Energy efficient appliances with Energy Star rating consume less energy and save you money. They might cost you more in the beginning but it is much more of an investment for you.
4. Insulate your walls and ceilings. This can save 20 to 30 percent of home heating bills and reduce CO2 emissions by 140 to 2100 pounds per year. If you live in a colder climate, consider superinsulating. That can save 5.5 tons of CO2 per year for gas-heated homes, 8.8 tons per year for oil heat, or 23 tons per year for electric heat. (If you have electric heat, you might also consider switching to more efficient gas or oil.)
5. Wrap your water heater in an insulating jacket, which costs just $10 to $20. It can save 1100 lbs. of CO2 per year for an electric water heater, or 220 pounds for a gas heater.
1. Education: Education is probably the most powerful of the energy conservation techniques that can be used. Education is about more than teaching people, community the importance of conservation, it is about showing the alternative choices that can be used in construction, manufacturing and other processes
2. Keep track of the environmental voting records of candidates for office. Stay abreast of environmental issues on both local and national levels, and write or call your elected officials to express your concerns about energy efficiency and global warming.
1. Alternative Power: There are more processes that are starting to use alternative power and fuel sources in many different areas of life. The use of alternative power is one of the most key energy conservation techniques because almost all of the transition models require that the existing processes be upgraded or replaced to more energy efficient models too.
What are various ways for energy conservation especially at individual level first, then home, community, and companies,
Energy Conservation is the best practice for the reduction of the quantity of energy used. This may be attained through efficient energy usage, when this happens, the energy used is decreased at the same time getting the same outcome as a result, or by reduced consumption of energy services. It is one of the easiest processes to help the globe by means of pollution in addition to make use of natural energy.
This will as well result in increase of financial capital, better environmental results, and human comfort. In so doing Individuals and companies that are directly involved in the consumption of energy may need to conserve energy so as to reduce energy expenses and promote economic security. Industrial and business class users may want to increase the efficiency level and as a result, maximizes their benefits as well.
Energy conservation can then be said to be the removal of unnecessary or unwanted energy use.